Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Permissions not saved

edited September 2017 in News & Announcements
Hi,

I've created a new user, but when I want to assign permissions to this user, it is not saved.
I have two Fuel sites on one instance. One is doing ok but for the other one I cannot save them.

Can you please point in the right direction.

thanks,
Jeroen

Comments

• edited 7:02PM
    What do you mean by 2 FUEL sites on one instance? Specifically, how is that setup? Typically it's just one installation per site.
    I have 2 application folders. Renamed them ofcourse, but they serve different sites.
    Works like a charm.
    When you say cannot save them, do you mean when you create the permission it's throwing an error or doing something else?
    When I click a user and try to add a permission by clicking a checkbox, the checkbox is unchecked again after saving.

If I go to Permissions and add a user to the right box. After saving the user is in the left box again.
    Does the fuel_relationships table have the same indexes and what version of FUEL are you using?
    The fuel_relationsships tables have the same indexes on both databases.
    I'm using version 1.4

Which file is storing the user permissions? Maybe I can start debugging there.
    That is happening in the MY_Model::process_relationships() method around line 3346. The Fuel_users_model has a has_many relationship to the Fuel_permissions_model which gets processed via the on_after_save hook.