Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Pagetitle and content addition

How can we replace Pagetitle and add the content to a existing manually created CI page based on the pagetitle and content created in a php file using Fuel CMS?

The objective is that whenever I click on a particular link in existing CI page, the Page Title, Content, Meta content should be added into the existing page from a newly created php page in Fuel CMS based on matching URI.

Comments

• edited 5:29PM
    Have you reviewed these pages in the documentation yet. These may be helpful:
    http://docs.getfuelcms.com/general/pages-variables
    http://docs.getfuelcms.com/general/opt-in-controllers
    Yes, I am going through these pages. I am new to FUEL CMS, so request your expertise on this one. I am trying on the same lines provided in the pages suggested above. I have created a page called MyProject/search/Item1 in FUEL CMS. I have already a same page called MyProject/search/Item1(Controller) which was created using CI. The title should be replaced and Content should be appended from the page created in fuel cms in existing controller page.

I have added below entry in _variables-> global.php
    $pages['MyProject/search/Item1'] = array('page_title' => 'CustomTitle');

In the MyProject/search/Item1 fuel page there is a message saying "There is already a controller method assigned to this page". I am not able to see the changes when i click on MyProject/search/Item1. It is redirecting to original controller without any modification of title and content
    Can you please let me know your thoughts on my query, since I am awaiting your inputs?
    I'm not quite clear on your setup. Do you have a controller setup for a page that you simply just want the variables created in the CMS? If so, you can access the page variables in your controller like so:
    $vars = $this->fuel->pagevars->retrieve(''MyProject/search/Item1');
    Yes, i required the variables and the below statement helps to retrieve it. Cheers