Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Blog module languages

edited June 2017 in Modules
The Blog module post table has a "languages" field but this doesn't appear in the CMS CRUD.

I'd like to make use of it, but store the ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 country code instead of language, preferably (eg 'de' for German, 'gb' for UK and so on).

There doesn't seem to be any documentation on the language feature? I see there is a language_codes config file, but this seems to be for RSS feeds?

On this occasion, I'm actually using the module (and Fuel CMS) as a "headless cms" for API json content delivery, and would like to allow a filter for country content.

Comments

• edited 12:41PM
    For the language field to show up, there needs to be more then one array value specified in the MY_fuel.php config for language (which isn't in there by default):
    // Languages for pages. The key is saved to the page variables $config['languages'] = array( 'english' => 'English', 'de' => 'German', );
  • edited June 2017
    Fabulous! Couldn't be bettered!

I just found the languages section in the docs, I'd never noticed it before!