Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Getting Pagevars

edited February 2017 in Feature Requests
Hi! iam trying to get the page variables looping over the fuel->options_list("cms"):

$pages = $this->fuel->pages->options_list("cms");
foreach ($pages as $item){
$e= $this->fuel->pagevars->retrieve($item);
print_r($e);
}

But i having something like a timeout while printing $e.

Any idea? Thanks!

Comments

• edited 4:02PM
    The timeout may be because $e contains a model object that references the CI object and using print_r on it will. Try something like print_r(array_keys($e)) to see if it prints the names of the variables for the page.
    Great, solved!
    I have another question: How can i print these page variables into a view? i´am trying to get these using the fuel_var('page_variable') on the "_variables" global.php file but without success.

Thank you!
    The fuel_var function is really only intended for view files if you are wanting to add the inline editing functionality. You can always access a variable simply as the variables name (e.g. $my_var) in your view file too. If you are adding them to the global.php file, you can do an array_merge with the $vars variable or set a unique array key on the $vars variable in which to access those variables. If the latter, the variable in the view file would be an array of variables.
    Just accessing it using the variable name is enough.
    Again, thank you for your time.