Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Custom Admin Entry

edited January 2017 in News & Announcements
Hi,

I try to create an custom entry within the Admin-Navigation.
The common way is creating a model and adding it to the config - but is there any way to simply create an navigation point within the admin menu that is not binded to a table and for Example simply performs a task such as echoing "Test" in the content area of the administration Area?

Best Regards,

MIke

Comments

• edited 3:54PM
    Yes. You can overwrite the navigation in the by overriding the 'nav' config in MY_fuel.php. The default navigation (found in the fuel/modules/fuel/config/fuel.php which will be overwritten by MY_fuel.php) is the following:
    // Site... Dashboard will always be there $config['nav']['site'] = array( 'dashboard' => lang('module_dashboard'), 'pages' => lang('module_pages'), 'blocks' => lang('module_blocks'), 'navigation' => lang('module_navigation'), 'tags' => lang('module_tags'), 'categories' => lang('module_categories'), 'assets' => lang('module_assets'), 'sitevariables' => lang('module_sitevariables') ); // My modules... if set to empty array, then it will automatically include all in MY_fuel_modules.php $config['nav']['modules'] = array(); // Tools $config['nav']['tools'] = array(); // Manage $config['nav']['manage'] = array( 'users' => lang('module_users'), 'permissions' => lang('module_permissions'), 'manage/cache' => lang('module_manage_cache'), 'logs' => lang('module_manage_activity'), 'settings' => lang('module_manage_settings'), );
    Additionally, there is the following config parameter you may want to set to FALSE in your MY_fuel.php file to have more control of the ordering:
    // Will auto arrange the navigation into the normal order $config['nav_auto_arrange'] = TRUE;