Installing Modules

edited December 2016 in Modules
Hello there. I just did a fresh install of Fuel CMS 1.3.2 and added the search and cron job modules. In the back-end, if I try to access /fuel/tools/search or /fuel/tools/cronjobs, I get redirected to the 404 page. If I try to use the search function on the front-end, I get:

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Notice
Filename: views/search.php
Line Number: 6

Results for “

I haven't used Fuel for a couple years, so I'm probably just forgetting a step. But I reviewed the docs and can't figure out what I'm missing.

Comments

• have you enabled the modules in my_fuel.php?

On the front-end, "q" should be the name of the search field on the html form
  • edited December 2016
    I believe so!

// specifies which modules are allowed to be used in the fuel admin $config['modules_allowed'] = array( 'user_guide', 'search', 'cronjobs', ); <input type="text" id="q" class="q" name="q" value="" placeholder="Search...">
  • edited 9:38AM
    It sounds like it's not hitting the fuel/modules/search/controllers/. The casing of the controllers and models were changed to be upper case for the FUEL 1.4 develop branch. Try lower casing the controller names and the model.
  • edited December 2016
    I replaced the search module with the older version from an existing site, and it's working now. Thanks!