Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Installing Modules

edited December 2016 in Modules
Hello there. I just did a fresh install of Fuel CMS 1.3.2 and added the search and cron job modules. In the back-end, if I try to access /fuel/tools/search or /fuel/tools/cronjobs, I get redirected to the 404 page. If I try to use the search function on the front-end, I get:

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Notice
Filename: views/search.php
Line Number: 6

Results for “

I haven't used Fuel for a couple years, so I'm probably just forgetting a step. But I reviewed the docs and can't figure out what I'm missing.

Comments

• have you enabled the modules in my_fuel.php?

On the front-end, "q" should be the name of the search field on the html form
  • edited December 2016
    I believe so!

// specifies which modules are allowed to be used in the fuel admin $config['modules_allowed'] = array( 'user_guide', 'search', 'cronjobs', ); <input type="text" id="q" class="q" name="q" value="" placeholder="Search...">
  • edited 1:00PM
    It sounds like it's not hitting the fuel/modules/search/controllers/. The casing of the controllers and models were changed to be upper case for the FUEL 1.4 develop branch. Try lower casing the controller names and the model.
  • edited December 2016
    I replaced the search module with the older version from an existing site, and it's working now. Thanks!