Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Block permission issue after upgrade

edited June 2016 in Bug Reports
We recently upgraded to 1.3 from the 0.9.3 and didn't notice at first because I am an admin, but regular users cannot edit blocks. They can view the blocks and all have correct block permissions but cannot click on them and when given the direct link see `You do not have permissions to complete this action.` Any ideas what could be going on here?

Comments

• edited 4:12AM
    Do you have the permissions for blocks, blocks/create, blocks/edit, blocks/edit and blocks/publish assigned to that user?
    In the Fuel UI there is just one button for the Manage Blocks and that is checked yes. In the code I have seen the create, edit, etc listed in the arrays. It's any user that is not the SUPERADMIN that cannot access.
    I am seeing now that if I create a brand new permission it also has options for create edit , publish , delete , export, but the current Manage Blocks does not. I may try deleting the current Manage Blocks and create a new one and see what that does.
    Current blocks permission did not have access to edit , publish , delete , export, but when I deleted and recreated it did and worked just fine.

We are going to update a few more sites so we will keep our eyes on this but can you think why this might be happening and/or how to fix it? Should it be added to the db migrations?
  • edited June 2016
    old permissions:
    INSERT INTO `fuel_permissions` (`id`, `name`, `description`, `active`) VALUES ('27', 'blocks', 'Manage Blocks', 'yes');

New permissions:
    INSERT INTO `fuel_permissions` (`id`, `name`, `description`, `active`) VALUES ('38', 'blocks/create', 'Blocks: Create', 'yes');
    INSERT INTO `fuel_permissions` (`id`, `name`, `description`, `active`) VALUES ('39', 'blocks/edit', 'Blocks: Edit', 'yes');
    INSERT INTO `fuel_permissions` (`id`, `name`, `description`, `active`) VALUES ('40', 'blocks/publish', 'Blocks: Publish', 'yes');
    INSERT INTO `fuel_permissions` (`id`, `name`, `description`, `active`) VALUES ('41', 'blocks/delete', 'Blocks: Delete', 'yes');

This should probably be added to respective version upgrade sql file, https://github.com/daylightstudio/FUEL-CMS/tree/master/fuel/install/upgrades
    It turns out a lot of the permissions are missing from the migration.sql files, based on those listed here: https://github.com/daylightstudio/FUEL-CMS/blob/master/fuel/install/fuel_schema.sql#L166