Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Date Format

edited April 2016 in Feature Requests
I have a date picker setup in Fuel with date and time. When the date is updated it updates on the front-end. Right now it's displaying as:

05/06/2016
17:00:00 - 20:00:00

Is there a way to update the date format? I've tried several ways, followed several links, but can't seem to figure it out.

Here is my script inside the template page:

<?php echo fuel_var('event_date'); ?> <br> <?php echo fuel_var('start_time', ''); ?> - <?php echo fuel_var('end_time', ''); ?>

Comments

• edited 12:57AM
    If you using the fuel_var function it will output the variable along with code to make it inline editable as well as apply a default parameter. You can always access the variable like so:
    $formatted_date = date('m/d/Y', strtotime($event_date)); // change the format to whatever you want echo $formatted_date;
    Awesome. That worked for the date.

Do I use the same var function for time? In the database I have them as 'start_time' and 'end_time'.
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean by var function? Do you mean fuel_var or the PHP date function?
  • edited April 2016
    My programming rhetoric isn't so great.

The time part of it is an admin function I added to Fuel, and it's suppose to display:
    5pm - 8pm, rather then 24hour time:

This is what I'm using to display the time on the front end:

<?php echo fuel_var('start_time', ''); ?> - <?php echo fuel_var('end_time', ''); ?>
    Because fuel_var will by default also add additional code for inline editing, I'd use the raw variable and manipulate it as above.
    echo date('h:ma', strtotime($start_time)) .' - '.date('h:ma', strtotime($end_time));
    Are you familiar with the different formatters for the date function that is listed above?
    http://php.net/manual/en/function.date.php
    That worked great. Referencing the date function link, I displayed it like this:

echo date('ga', strtotime($start_time)) .' - '.date('ga', strtotime($end_time));

Thank you.