hidden fields in forms module

edited April 2016 in Modules
hidden fields not adding to database on submit any ideas

Comments

• edited 8:22PM
    Need more information.
    added hidden fields in form module but when form is submitted the values of the hidden fields do not appear in the database
    Hidden fields are cleaned out of the data that is to be saved. An alternative would be to just visually hide an input field.
    Any way I can override that behaviour without modifying the module
  • edited April 2016
    You would have to extend the Fuel_forms class and overwrite the clean_posted method and then somewhere in your code you'll need to overwrite it by calling the attach method on FUEL:
    $form= new My_fuel_form(); $this->fuel->attach('form', $form);
    OK thank you will take a look at doing that
    tried the above but it never calls my cleaned_post function in the extended MY_fuel_form is there something else im missing
    Is the attach happening before you are calling the cleaned_post function?
    Yes looking at extending the forms class as well but not having much sucess
    Try adding your class to the fuel/application/libraries/My_fuel_form. Then in your fuel/application/config/MY_fuel.php there is a $config['attach'] parameter you can use to attach it:
    $config['attach'] = array( 'forms' => 'my_fuel_form' );
    thank you ive now gone down a different root. I would like to ask if it may be possible to do a multistep form in the forms module any suggestions would be grateful before i start pulling things apart :)
    The forms module does not support automatically creating a multi step form unfortunately.