Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Forms module not working

edited March 2016 in Bug Reports
Can anyone help?

I've installed the forms plugin and create a form 'volunteers' which contains name and email fields. It's set to 'published'.

On my CMS page, I've added {form('volunteers)} but when I display the form, I get:

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Warning
Filename: libraries/Fuel_forms.php
Line Number: 74

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Warning
Filename: libraries/Fuel_forms.php
Line Number: 78

Digging into Fuel_forms::get(), line 128, where it looks for a form in the database $form_data = $forms_model->find_one(); it's returning an empty dataset. If I follow immediately with $forms_model->debug_query(); it displays the query as "SELECT `forms`.* FROM (`forms`) WHERE `name` = 'volunteers' OR `slug` = 'volunteers' AND `forms`.`published` = 'yes' LIMIT 1" which is what you'd expect and if I manually run the query, my form is returned.

Basically, forms module isn't seeing the form I've created and then gets confused when it tries to create one. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Fixed. Not sure how. I built a scratch site to test which worked. Copied the forms table from that to the live site and it started working. I deleted the cache directories, rebuilt and reset permissions too so it may have been that...