Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

how to add attributed to nav bootstrap menues

edited January 2016 in Share
Hi
I am trying to work with nav section and newly discovering it
now i want to generate an menu like following :

''
With the code :

<?php echo $nav_arr = fuel_nav(array('depth'=>4
,'render_type' => 'basic'
, 'group_id' => 1
,'container_tag_attrs' => array('style' => '')
,'container_tag_class' => 'nav navbar-nav menuright'
,'order' => 'precedence'
,'subcontainer_tag_class'=>array('dropdown-menu', 'styles' => array(0 => array(1 => 'dropdown')))
)); ?>

but cant getting the way to do the changes specially in this section

can one please help me out ????please view the source code of those list

Comments

• edited 3:05AM
    What is the menu configuration (either at fuel/application/views/_variables/nav.php or in the CMS)?
    it is not in nav.php ($nav = array();)
    it is form the CMS
    What does it look like if you download the navigation from the CMS (there is download button in the list view)?
    This code is generated in downloaded php
    $nav['home'] = array('label' => 'Home');
    $nav['about-us'] = array('label' => 'about us');
    $nav['product'] = array('label' => 'Product', 'location' => 'product-1', 'attributes' => 'product-1');
    $nav['Product-Support'] = array('label' => 'Product Support');
    $nav['Contact'] = array('label' => 'Contact');
    $nav['product-1'] = array('label' => 'Product 1', 'parent_id' => 'product');
    $nav['product-2'] = array('label' => 'product-2', 'parent_id' => 'product');
    I think what you may be missing is the "styles" parameter for the surrounding li element for products which can be done as follows:

<?php echo $nav_arr = fuel_nav(array('depth'=>4 ,'render_type' => 'basic' , 'group_id' => 1 ,'container_tag_attrs' => array('style' => '') ,'container_tag_class' => 'nav navbar-nav menuright' ,'order' => 'precedence' ,'subcontainer_tag_class'=>array('dropdown-menu', 'styles' => array(0 => array(1 => 'dropdown'))) ,'styles'=> array(0 => array(2 => 'dropdown')) )); ?>

Also, I updated the nav to fix attributes on the item as well as the label to include the with:
    $nav['home'] = array('label' => 'Home'); $nav['about-us'] = array('label' => 'about us'); $nav['product'] = array('label' => 'Product <span class="caret"></span>', 'location' => 'product-1', 'attributes' => 'class="dropdown-toggle" data-toggle="dropdown" role="button" aria-haspopup="true" aria-expanded="false"',); $nav['Product-Support'] = array('label' => 'Product Support'); $nav['Contact'] = array('label' => 'Contact'); $nav['product-1'] = array('label' => 'Product 1', 'parent_id' => 'product'); $nav['product-2'] = array('label' => 'product-2', 'parent_id' => 'product');
  • There was no response for this fix, It will always be better to give feedback so as to know if a particular hack fixed an issue or not.