Click to Activate toggle not working

edited May 2011 in Bug Reports
The Click to Activate toggle in dashboard have stopped working. It's in both my modules and also fuel modules such as users. I've tested in both IE and FF so don't think it's a browser issue. BaseFuelController.js seems to be loading correctly. I'm stuck! Can anyone help?

Comments

  • edited May 2011
    Hmm. I'm not able to replicate the issue on the most recent version. Do you have the latest? If you do, can you use Firefox to check what comes back with the AJAX response after you click it?
  • edited 10:50PM
    Yes i'm running 0.9.3 - it was working but at some point while working on this site it stopped. Can you advise how i can check the AJAX response. Thanks.
  • edited 10:50PM
    Are you familiar with the Firefox plugin Firebug?
    http://getfirebug.com/
  • edited 10:50PM
    Heard of it but never used it. Such a nice tool - deserves some exploring. I can now see i'm getting a 500 Internal Server Error.
  • edited 10:50PM
    If you click on that line and view the response, what does it say (it should show the HTML returned)?
  • edited 10:50PM
    Yes the response is the error template with "The action you have requested is not allowed."

    So this led me to security.php - and function csrf_show_error().

    Turned off CSRF in config and she works again. So seems the error is something to do with CSRF?
  • edited 10:50PM
    OK... I think I have that bug logged and will hopefully get to a fix for that soon.
  • edited 10:50PM
    Thanks for the help in tracking it down.
  • edited 10:50PM
    I just posted a fix for this issue so please try it out when you have a moment and let me know if you encounter any more issues.
    https://github.com/daylightstudio/FUEL-CMS/commit/5ed39c181172baad98d6bd4ada8212c84ef5bfff
  • edited 10:50PM
    Installed those two file and turned CSRF back on but the activate toggle still doesn't work. Checked in firebug and no longer getting the 500 error - returns 200 OK but doesn't change status. Turned of CSRF and still the same - no errors but the toggle doesn't work even with CSRF off. Let me know if i can give you any more info. Thanks.
  • edited 10:50PM
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you... I missed your response. I'm not able to replicate the issue at the moment. Could you email me your model and any table SQL (info at getfuelcms.com) so I can give it a shot on my end. Also, make sure that the field name is named "active" or "published" (lowercased).
  • edited 10:50PM
    Thank you. I fixed it. I realised it was only the one section of the website - not all as before. I had changed a validation rule and therefore it was failing to update the record. Thanks again for all your help and support
Sign In or Register to comment.