Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Problem with german Umlauts and safe_mailto in cms page editor

edited January 2016 in Bug Reports
Hi,

I have a cms page where I have some contact data. The emailadresses are encoded via safe_mailto function.
Now I have one entry
safe_mailto("abc@test.de", "Wehrführung")
On saving the cms page the entry is transformed to
safe_mailto("abc@test.de", "Wehrführung")

On the frontend page then the text Wehrführung is displayed instead of Wehrführung.
I think this is because the browser doesn't get the html special char in safe_mailto encoded way, but interprets each single character.

Any idea how to solve this issue?

Comments

• edited 10:04AM
    As a workaround I copied the safe_mailto to a custom function in my_url_helper and replace german umlauts html represenations in $title before encoding the whole thing... seems to work :-)
    By default, the fuel pages module has the 'sanitize_input' module parameter of:
    'sanitize_input' => array('template','php'),
    The "template and "php" map to sanitization functions. The mapping is done by the 'module_sanitize_funcs' config function that you can modify as well to point to a different function:
    // Functions that can be used for the sanitize_input value on a basic module. // The key of the array is what should be used when configuring your module $config['module_sanitize_funcs'] = array( 'xss' => 'xss_clean', 'php' => 'encode_php_tags', 'template' => 'php_to_template_syntax', 'entities' => 'htmlentities' );

You could additionally use a module overwrite to change the 'sanitize_input' parameters for the pages module:
    http://docs.getfuelcms.com/modules/simple#overwrites
    sorry, but i don't understand how to solve this problem. I've got this same with polish letters: ą ć ę ł ń ó ś ź ż
    can u explain more widely, how to solve this problem?
    I forgot to write,that i've met with this problem when i'm putting content by the CMS to any page, after page is saved, editor page reloaded, i see all my polish letters replaced by codes.... any workaround? :-/
    It looks like in this case it has to do with the MY_Model::auto_encode_entities property which is set to TRUE for the fuel_pagevariables_model. You can overwrite this by creating your own model in fuel/application/models/My_pagevariables_model.php that simply extends the Fuel_pagevariables_model and overwrites that property:
    require_once(FUEL_PATH.'models/fuel_pagevariables_model.php'); class My_pagevariables_model extends Fuel_pagevariables_model { public $auto_encode_entities = FALSE; }
    And then you can create the overwrite as explained here:
    http://docs.getfuelcms.com/modules/simple#overwrites
    many thanks for reply, i will try it tomorrow and confirm if my problem dissapears.
    Admin, for now it works perfectly.