Creating Pages via CMS

edited May 2011 in Share
Just starting to kick around FUEL it seems like a great CMS.
One question, can you create a page without creating a view file? I've tried to just create a page in the CMS without a corresponding view file and all I get is a 404. Once I add a view file all is well. I thought I read in the docs that you could add a file with out a view based on an existing layout.
Am I missing some thing in the docs or my install?

Thanks!

Comments

• edited 6:35PM
    Did you set the $config['fuel_mode'] = 'auto'; in the fuel/modules/fuel/config/fuel.php file?
    OK, I set the $config['fuel_mode'] = 'auto' in both the fuel/modules/fuel/config/fuel.php and fuel/application/config/MY_fuel.php and that did the trick. Does that seem correct?
    You can just set it in the MY_fuel.php file (I should have said that instead of the main fuel config file). The value in there will overwrite the default values in the fuel/modules/fuel/config/fuel.php file.
  • suwsuw
    edited 6:35PM
    after setting $config['fuel_mode'] = 'auto';
    go to CMS and define a home page - location must be set as home

If your site does not have a home page - just use 301_redirect template to your default page - this can be also handy if you want a "site in maintenance" warning page, just modify the redirection to it. :D