Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Extend MY_Model

edited November 2015 in News & Announcements
how can i extend the MY_Model in modules/fuel/core/MY_Model.php using fuel/application/core/MY_Model.php

Comments

• edited 4:16PM
    Their are a couple model classes already that are used for modules and extend MY_Model (MY_Model, fuel/modules/fuel/models/Base_module_model.php and fuel/modules/fuel/models/Base_posts_model.php). Their files look similar to the following:
    require_once(APPPATH.'core/MY_Model.php'); class Base_module_model extends MY_Model { ...
    In fact you may want to actually extend one of those file which has some additional methods geared towards module models you may want to include.
    require_once(FUEL_PATH.'models/base_module_model.php'); class Base_model extends Base_module_model { ...
    Then for your models you extend your model instead:
    require_once(APPPATH.'models/new_base_model.php'); class News_model extends Base_model { ...