Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

uploading fonts in fuel cms assets

hi,
I'm trying to upload font files.

first problem I encountered the browser responded. 'You cannot upload .otf file'.

I tried fixing it by adding the mime type for the otf in config mimes.php file then added also in my_fuel.php the following:
in mimes.php :

'otf' => array('application/font-sfnt', 'application/x-font-opentype', 'font/opentype' ),

in my_fuel.php :
$config['editable_asset_filetypes'] = array(
'fonts' => 'otf',
'assets' => 'jpg|jpeg|jpe|png|gif|mov|mpeg|mp3|wav|aiff|pdf|css|zip|otf',
);

now, it fixes the 'You cannot upload .otf file'.
but I have a new problem when trying to upload the file saying : 'The filetype you are attempting to upload is not allowed.'

what should I do?
need help sir.

thanks.

Comments

• edited November 2015
    You probably need to check your Apache & PHP configs and enable .otf there too.
  • edited 4:23AM
    That error can be thrown from 3 places so I'd first try and isolate where. The first is from the Fuel_assets::upload() method around line 165:
    $this->_add_error(lang('upload_invalid_filetype'));
    The other 2 places are in the fuel/codeigniter/libraries/Upload.php CI File Uploader class Upload::do_upload method on lines 210 and 233. I'd do a search for the string key of "upload_invalid_filetype"
  • thanks to both of you.

I got it working now. :)
  • I finally got it working. thanks to both of you.

first, I tried what almostcompletely said about Apache and PHP but it's already enabled by default.

so next, I tried what the admin said.
    In line 210-233 I var_dump() the $this->file_types. And its printing application/octet-stream

so, I just added the application/octet-stream to the mime. :D

and its working now.

thanks again. :)