Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Custom layout is throwing an error on encoded json

edited November 2015 in Bug Reports
Hey,

I'm using encoded json on data-attributes of certain elements and only on my custom layouts is this error being thrown:

An Error Was Encountered Compilation error at line 236 in "string:" : Parse error in ""name":"Event 1","url":" [..]

The HTML that is throwing the error looks like this:

<p><a data-popover="{&quot;name&quot;:&quot;Event 1&quot;,&quot;url&quot;:&quot;evenementen\/event-1&quot;,&quot;image&quot;:&quot;assets\/image.jpg [..] ">Event 1</a></p>

(my edit of [..] for brevity on the above two quotes)

In other pages, one's that I've made through PHP in fuel/application/views, are not throwing this error, it's only custom pages made through Dashboard > Pages. The code used to display this element is exact the same on all pages, and it's:

<?php $this->load->view('_blocks/sidebar', $this->sidebar_model->get_sidebar()); ?>

That's in my views/_layouts/x.php and the views/x.php page.

Any idea? The error seems so strange that I thought perhaps it's the template engine throwing an error?

Thanks,

Comments

• edited 1:41AM
    That is the template engine... it's because the delimiter for the template engine is the "{}" by default (this can be changed). If a space is added after the { then it the parsing engine will ignore that (str_replace('{', '{ ', $str)).

Also, you can wrap things in {literal}.....{/literal} to escape template parsing.