Custom 404

edited April 2011 in Modules
Liking the framework a lot. Getting my head around a couple of things, but working well. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute some code/modules or something in the coming weeks and months.

One thing that is probably simple but that I cannot get my head around is that I am attempting to get a custom 404 message displayed within a specific layout. Am I able to do that or is it a case of replacing the contents of the error_404.php file with the full page including the layout?

Any help much appreciated. Ta.

Comments

• edited 1:20PM
    I think I've sussed it out... I made a few changes to the default header template that was being called by the sh404.php file. So a problem of my own making... doh!
    No worries. Glad you figured it out.
    Just to follow up on this discussion, can the Fuel guys chime in on best practices for how they customize their 404 pages? I need to do this same thing and would like to know the official recommended approach. Thanks!
    Erik
    The 404 page that is currently there is a default starting point we use and often do need to change. It allows us to include the header and footer and other variables that may be needed to render the page. You may want to change that for your own project.
    Where do I find that 404 page template?
    fuel/application/errors/