Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Edit Blocks Layout

edited July 2015 in Modules
Hi

Using fuellink, I can include PDFs in the dropdown list by editing MY_fuel_layouts and adding a 'data' element
'body' => array('data'=>array('link_pdfs'=>'true'),'label' => lang('layout_field_body'), 'type' => 'textarea', 'description' => lang('layout_field_body_description')),

I can do similar for the wysiwygs in my own modules:
function form_fields($values = array()) { $fields['myfield']['data'] = array('link_pdfs'=>'true'); ... }

How can I do the same for the Blocks module?

Cheers

Comments

• edited 5:15PM
    Not quite sure I understand. The blocks would need to have a layout that includes a field which uses the wysiwyg (or a text field).
    In Fuel back-end, under Site, there's a "Blocks" option. Create a new block and you get a form that includes a wysiwyg field. If I create a link within that field (using the RTE, I'm using CKEditor), in the select dropdown, I want to see the PDFs available to link to.

My question is where is the layout data for that Blocks form? MY_fuel_layouts.php has the Pages form layout by default but I can't seem to find where the layout definition is for this Blocks form...
    Hi!
    maybe you are looking for modules/fuel/models/fuel_blocks_model.php, "form_fields" method that is responsible for the form layout....
    That is correct, it is in the fuel_blocks_model. You can use a module_overwrite to swap out the model with your extended fuel_blocks_model:
    http://docs.getfuelcms.com/modules/simple#overwrites
  • Thanks. I was hoping I wouldn't need to do that.

Might it be a good idea to expose all the "standard" modules' layouts to MY_fuel_layouts.php in the future?