Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Security.php 641 - Compilation failed: regular expression is too large at offset 36332

edited April 2015 in Bug Reports
Severity: Warning --> preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Compilation failed: regular expression is too large at offset 36332
fuel\codeigniter\core\Security.php 641

Seems the issue come from CI, but are there any method to solve this error?
This error occurred when i save in the admin panel.

Thanks.

Comments

• edited 12:55PM
    This looks to be something the xss_clean function is doing. What module are you saving from? If it is your own module, the xss_clean function is used by default for modules but can be overwritten in your MY_fuel_modules.php by adding the following to your for the particular module you are having trouble with:
    ... 'sanitize_input' => array('template','php'), ...
  • edited April 2015
    It is a simple module for a model named.

below is my setting in MY_fuel_modules.php.
    $config['modules']['paper'] = array( 'sanitize_input' => array('template','php'), 'default_order' => 'desc', 'icon_class' => 'ico_research', );

It is added after your suggsstion, but still not work
    'sanitize_input' => array('template','php'),

When i save the model in admin, i lost the "text" in the textarea.
    And then i found the error message in the log file
    Compilation failed: regular expression is too large at offset 36332 Line 641
    Security.php Line 641 $str = preg_replace('/(<?)(\/?[^><]+?)([^A-Za-z<>\-])(.*?)('.implode('|', $attribs).')(.*?)([\s><]?)([><]*)/i', '$1$2 $4$6$7$8', $str, -1, $count);

The error occurred only if the field have too many text.
  • edited 12:55PM
    Perhaps adjusting this setting may help in your php.ini:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8268624/php-preg-match-all-limit