Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

custom view in fuel cms admin (backend)

edited February 2015 in Modules
I have a simple module with name 'orders'. There is another simple module with name 'order details'. These two tables are linked using a foreign key i.e. order_id.
What I want is when I click the 'view' in orders module it should take me to a view where it would display order details corresponding to that order number in the admin view only.
It would also be okay if I send an ajax request and get the data
What is the best way to do this ?

Comments

• edited 5:49PM
    If you don't need to create an order from the admin, you could do something like the following on your orders module config (in MY_fuel_modules.php):
    'table_actions' => array('DETAILS' => fuel_url('order_details/edit/{id}'), 'DELETE'), 'displayonly' => TRUE, 'item_actions' => array()
    Then, on your order_details module configuration, you can use the "displayonly" module property in your MY_fuel_modules.php config:
    'displayonly' => TRUE,
  • edited June 2017
    but it is showing the ids instead of the name value for example
    Job 1
    City 5583
    instead of
    job name and
    city name
    which i have related in $foreign_keys as
    public $foreign_keys = array('job_id'=>array('jobs'=>'jobs_model','where' => array('is_disabled' => 0)),
    'citi_id'=>array('cities'=>'cities_model','where' => array('is_disabled' => 0))
    );
    is their any fixes for it??
  • edited 5:49PM
    Instead of using displayonly, you can use overwrite the model's form_fields method and use a field type of "custom" which has a "value" parameter of what you want it to display.