Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Drag n drop / Set Precedence

edited December 2010 in Feature Requests
I'm a spud. When creating a number of nav items in the admin panel I'll frequently forget the last precedence I set for the order.

Would be helpful if there was an option of dragging the nav items in tree and/or list view to set the order.

Comments

• edited 12:13PM
    That would be nice. Duly noted.

If anyone is interested in helping with that let me know and I can point you in the right direction.
    I'd be interested in helping. I'm pretty jammed up this side of xmas though. Still, point away.
    Great! The main javascript that you would probably need to alter is the fuel/modules/fuel/assets/js/fuel/controller/BaseFuelController.js file. If you do a search on "tree" in that file, you'll see where the majority of that code is. I'm using the jquery.treeview plugin to power that which I believe is this one: http://bassistance.de/jquery-plugins/jquery-plugin-treeview/

The rendering of that tree is done by the fuel/modules/fuel/controllers/module.php

However, to add the drag and drop, we may need a different plugin. The trickiest part will be the onDrageComplete action (or whatever the event is) that we can standardize the implementation across all modules. I imagine it would need to be an ajax save to a controller. We may need to add an additional method to the modules model to save (e.g. the $this->model->tree_callback($save))

Hope this helps.
    Thanks, hopefully I'll get some time..