Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Simple layout with text and gallery

edited March 2011 in Feature Requests
Hi,
I'm a Fuelcms newbie and I have a couple of questions:
- It is possible to create a layout with a text and a few images related. ¿Would have to create a model?
- It's possible to create a "model page" from the admin page menu ?

Comments

• edited 3:53AM
    Yes. You would create a model to save the appropriate information. Then you can create a view or block to display them. We've written a blog post regarding creating modules if that may help.
    http://www.getfuelcms.com/blog/2010/12/19/learning-fuel-cms-part-3-creating-modules

To create a model, you must first set it up in the code. Then you can use the admin to add/edit the data.
    Ok, but in this way if i create a model and i connect it with my layout thru a block, all layout show always the same gallery, no?

It's possible to determinate the gallery to show thru a layout variable?
    Sure. You could also pass it as a URI segment parameter (you can use the function uri_segment() or $CI->uri->segment() to grab the appropriate segment). Then in your block, if you are using a model, you could do something like this:
    $gallery = fuel_model('galleries', array('where' => array('gallery_name' => uri_segment(3));