Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Importing HTML Files

Hi

I have a whole bunch of HTML files from a legacy site that I'd like to import.

The "upload" option in Admin->Pages doesn't seem to do this - I get and error say that file type is not allowed.

Is it possible to do this with the existing Admin or do I need to write something that will do it for me?

TIA

Comments

• edited 9:16AM
    The upload function is intended for uploading CI view files. Your layout needs to have a field of "body" for it to work. That looks to be a bug, which I'll post a fix for shortly in the develop branch (the next patch release of FUEL).
  • Ah. OK. So which bit of this is buggy? The fact I can't upload HTML or the (incorrect) error message? Should I expect to be able to import my HTML or should start planning on writing something?

Cheers
    The buggy part is that you should be able to upload HTML files but you can't (only .txt and .php). I pushed a change to the develop branch yesterday which you can pull from that should allow you to upload html files.
  • Makes sense now. Thanks.

I pulled your changes into my 1.05 install (not the whole development branch) but still get the file type error - and the codeigniter upload function fails. If I edit your code and change "php|html|txt" to "*", the codeigniter upload works but I get a new Fuel error saying there was a problem uploading the file. If I move the file into the views directory, it works (with "*" but not "php|html|txt"). It's not quite doing what I expected - which is my fault, not fuel's so...

Given the number of pages I have to import (and sanitise en-route), I've started writing my own importer which squirts straight into fuel_pages and fuel_page_variables...
    Actually, uploading a non-view file won't work. The upload functionality is only meant for view files.
  • Cheers. I kind-of worked that out after playing. There are a few Fuel CMS reviews on the 'net that sort of implies otherwise and the Fuel CMS docs don't categorically debunk that assertion. It would be a very cool feature to have though ;)