CSS Frameworks in Modules

edited March 2014 in Modules
Any suggestions on using CSS Frameworks in Modules? Or not using them?

For design work, I normally lean on something like Foundation, Bootstrap, or Pure.

Is it considered 'okay' to use these in advanced modules with Front End pages?
I see the problem of it conflicting with the websites Front End, Framework or custom CSS.

Alternatively, should I create un-styled basic pages as a default "theme"?

Comments

• edited 6:57AM
    This would depend on how the front-end pages are being rendered and if they rely on the main template's CSS or not. Or are you referring to using a CSS framework for the backend?
    I'm developing a contact module, which includes a front-page.

I started building the front page block using the Foundation CSS framework, but I then realized that while I currently have foundation loaded, other projects may be built using something else.

I currently have foundation provided in the assets folder, to support the block, but loading that could interfere with the main project's library.
    It sounds like you are wanting to conditionally load in the CSS correct? If so, how and where is the CSS currently being called?
    Currently, the base controller _render() function checks the config file for a theme setting and loads any specified css files.

So it is conditional, based on settings. (trying to emulate the blog module)

Is this an ok approach for a re-usable module? My concerns are with modularity and conflicts with the host site.
    That sounds OK to me. The theme could be changed to include additional CSS files it sounds like.