Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Add new item to admin sidebar

edited January 2014 in Feature Requests
Hi, I want to add a custom items to the admin sidebar. I realized that the sidebar view is nav.php in /modules/fuel/views/_blocks. Also I saw that in modules/fuel/config/fuel_modules.php are some links of that sidebar.

My question is what is the correct configuration or the correct form to add an item to the admin sidebar?

Comments

• edited 12:26AM
    It depends a little bit on where you want to insert the item. If you create an advanced module, you can add the following to your advanced module's config:
    $config['nav']['site']['my_module'] = 'My Module';
    This will be inserted under the SITE heading.

For more control, you can set the 'nav_auto_arrange' property to FALSE:
    // will auto arrange the navigation into the normal order $config['nav_auto_arrange'] = FALSE;
    Then you could simply create your own navigation array:
    $config['nav'] = array(); $config['nav']['mysite'] = array( 'mysite/item1' => 'Item 1', 'mysite/item2' => 'Item 2', 'mysite/item3' => 'Item 3', );
    Oh, thank you!! That worked, so far I don't need a submenu in the sidebar, so I didn't make my own navigation array, but If someday I'll need it, where should I create the navigation array?
    You can create the navigation array in your MY_fuel.php file (or in an advanced modules config file).
    Hi admin hope you are good and fine !
    i want to ask something how can i hide the related item window,i am using the location module and have done many customization in it ,i have a map on admin site which i showed when admin enters any address or location that map automatically pointing to that location and i have put the code in admin_main in modules/fuel/views/_layout/admin_main but the problem i am facing i have some other form doing different work and that map as well appears and i want to hide it ...i have looked for related_items but no success!
    please guide me thanks
  • edited November 2014
    let me show you admin_main...

<?php
    // set some render variables based on what is in the panels array
    $no_menu = (!$this->fuel->admin->has_panel('nav')) ? TRUE : FALSE;
    $no_titlebar = (!$this->fuel->admin->has_panel('titlebar')) ? TRUE : FALSE;
    $no_actions = (!$this->fuel->admin->has_panel('actions') OR empty($actions)) ? TRUE : FALSE;
    $no_notification = (!$this->fuel->admin->has_panel('notification')) ? TRUE : FALSE;
    ?>

<?php $this->load->module_view(FUEL_FOLDER, '_blocks/fuel_header'); ?>

function codeAddress() {

g'address': address}, function(results, status) {
    if (status == google.maps.GeocoderStatus.OK) {

//Latitude = results[0].geometry.location.lat();
    //Longitude = results[0].geometry.location.lng();

var Latitude = results[0].geometry.location.lat();
    var Longitude = results[0].geometry.location.lng();
    var latlngPos = new google.maps.LatLng(latitude, longitude);

$('#longitude').val(Longitude);
    $('#latitude').val(Latitude);

//map show code goes here. . .
    //alert();
    var mapCanvas = document.getElementById('map');
    var mapOptions = {
    center: new google.maps.LatLng(Latitude,Longitude),
    zoom: 14,
    mapTypeId: google.maps.MapTypeId.ROADMAP
    }
    var map = new google.maps.Map(mapCanvas, mapOptions);

}

function pakmap() {

var latlngPos = new google.maps.LatLng(30.032776, 70.640759);

var myOptions = {

google.maps.event.addDomListener(window, 'load', initialize);

fuel->admin->ui_cookie('leftnav_hide') === '1') ? ' class="nav_hide"' : ''; ?>>

<?php if ($this->fuel->admin->has_panel('top')) : ?>

<?php $this->load->module_view(FUEL_FOLDER, '_blocks/fuel_top'); ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

<?php if ($this->fuel->admin->has_panel('nav')) : ?>

<?php $this->load->module_view(FUEL_FOLDER, '_blocks/nav'); ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

">

<?php if ($this->fuel->admin->has_panel('titlebar')) : ?>

<?php $this->load->module_view(FUEL_FOLDER, '_blocks/titlebar')?>
    <?php endif; ?>

<?=$this->form->open('action="'.$form_action.'" method="'.((!empty($form_method)) ? $form_method : 'post').'" id="form" enctype="multipart/form-data"')?>

<?php if ($this->fuel->admin->has_panel('actions') AND !empty($actions)) : ?>

<?php /* ?><?=$this->form->open('action="'.$form_action.'" method="post" id="form_actions" enctype="multipart/form-data"')?><?php */ ?>
    <?php if (!empty($actions)) : ?>
    <?=$actions?>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php /* ?><?=$this->form->close()?><?php */ ?>

<?php endif; ?>

<?php if ($this->fuel->admin->has_panel('notification')) : ?>

<?php if (!empty($notifications)) : ?>
    <?=$notifications?>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php if (!empty($pagination)): ?>

<?php endif; ?>

<?php endif; ?>

<?php
    $main_content_class = '';
    if($no_actions AND $no_notification) :
    $main_content_class = 'noactions_nonotification';
    elseif($no_actions AND $no_titlebar) :
    $main_content_class = 'noactions_notitlebar';
    elseif ($no_titlebar) :
    $main_content_class = 'notitlebar';
    elseif ($no_actions) :
    $main_content_class = 'noactions';
    endif;
    ?>

"<?=(!empty($main_content_class)) ? ' class="'.$main_content_class.'"' : ''?>>

<?php /* ?><?=$this->form->open('action="'.$form_action.'" method="post" id="form" enctype="multipart/form-data"')?><?php */ ?>

<?=$body?>

<?=$this->form->hidden('fuel_inline', (int)$this->fuel->admin->is_inline())?>

<?=$this->form->close()?>

<?php $this->load->module_view(FUEL_FOLDER, '_blocks/fuel_footer'); ?>

all things are working properly only the map div appears on different section of admin on right side not every where but like in category create etc
    The related items are controlled in the locations_model::related_items method on the model. You can overwrite the model by extending that model and then specifying your new model in a module overwrite. The below is an example if you were to extend the locations_model and place your new model in fuel/applications/models/my_locations_model.php:
    $module_overwrites['locations_points']['model_location'] = 'app'; $module_overwrites['locations_points']['mode_name'] = 'my_locations_model';

Then your my_locations_model.php file could look like the following:
    require_once(FUEL_PATH.'models/base_module_model.php'); class Locations_model extends Base_module_model { function related_items($values = array()) { return ''; } }