Struggling with my installation

edited January 2014 in Installation
I have created a new folder in my localhost web root and inside that placed fuelcms folder called fuel so that I have this
appering as the link on the bottom of your welcome page but when I click that link I get a 404 error with object not found?

I have altered my .htaccess file to point the Rewritebase like this: RewriteBase /fuel/

The first line of My_fule.php looks like this:
$config['fuel_path'] = 'fuel/';

My mod-rewrite on my XAMP install of apache is working just fine with all other sites so I don't suspect a problem in that area.

I have tried a couple of other things that didn't make any difference so obviously I am missing something very fundamental here and wondered if anyone could help me out please?

Comments

• edited 6:57PM
    After reading a few more posts on a similar vane to mine I have just tried commenting out the Rewritebase line in the htaccess file and it now appears to be working - not sure why though as that seems wrong?
    Maybe it is something to do with the XAMP installation on my windows 7 box?
    Any thoughts?
    Have you set the "admin_enabled" value to TRUE in the fuel/application/config/MY_fuel.php file?
    Yes I have done that and as I said in my last comment the cms is working it was just odd that the rewritebase had to be commented out to make it work.
    What's the URI path to the main index.php bootstrap file?