Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Simple module permissions

I'm trying to follow this documentation http://docs.getfuelcms.com/general/user-management, to create permissions for a simple module in the fuel Admin.The modules are active and accessible by me the admin but i can't create or assign permissions to other users.

i added a line like this

permission' => array('pages', 'create', 'edit', 'pages/upload' => 'pages/create', 'publish', 'delete'),
in
fuel/application/config/MY_fuel_modules.php, and the permissions still didn't show up in the admin panel

Comments

• edited December 2013
    new to Fuelcms
  • edited 8:25AM
    No worries. The issue looks like that you are using "pages" when you should be using {module} instead (where module is the name of your module). Perhaps the easiest way is to use the "generate" functionality:
    http://docs.getfuelcms.com/modules/generate
    php index.php fuel/generate/simple {module}
    the permissions i used above are just an example this is my exact code

$config['modules']['site'] = array(
    'model_name' => 'siteposts_model',
    'model_location' => 'site',
    //'permission' => array('site','create', 'edit',=>'site/create','publish','delete' ),
    'sanitize_input' => array('xss', 'php', 'entities')
    );

and i havent quite figured out the "generate" functionality, its done from the command prompt right? thanks for replying!
    Yes... that's done via command line. This will create the normal generic permissions for a simple module which includes the following:
    {module}
    {module}/create
    {module}/edit
    {module}/publish
    {module}/delete

The alternative is to just set those up in the CMS.

With regards to MY_fuel_module.php, you don't really need to change the permission parameter unless the permissions for your simple module are different.