Porting Codeignitor based site to Fuel CMS

edited October 2013 in News & Announcements
Hi there, I've recently been tasked with a project that has me taking a website built using Code Ignitor version 1 and bringing it into the Fuel CMS environment. One of the things that I'm having a hard time with is locating the default controller that Fuel uses. I've managed to create custom templates and loading specific css files and images. Someone else told me I should just be able to copy the files from the Code Ignitor site into the folders that Fuel uses. But I think there's a lot more to it than that. Can anyone suggest a starting point?

Comments

• edited 6:03PM
    routes.php in /application/config has the default controller configuration. You can point that to your CI controller of choice - if that is appropriate for you.

Make sure MY_fuel.php has the appropriate "fuel_mode" - there are some comments there that will explain the options, this will determine if CMS pages are interrogated and served before views, for example.

http://docs.getfuelcms.com is the best resource for v1 (assuming that is what you are using).
    LOL, are you spying on me Gumster? I was just reading one of your posts. So I'll give this a go as it provides a place to start. Thanks much
    Nope! Hope you get going - I thought your situation was interesting as all my Fuel projects are Fuel first (I need a CMS) then become 80% CI projects as I add simple modules, occasionally advanced ones (which use more Fuel specific features). You are doing things the other way around it seems!
    Yeah this is by my boss's logic that I'm doing things this way. Personally I don't think what he imagines is going to happen.