Header and Footer not displaying on stored pages

edited May 2013 in Modules
We just moved from one server to another but with an identical setup including the same directory structures. However, now static pages that are stored in the CMS Admin are no longer displaying headers and footers (stored as _blocks and using the main layout) and also not using CSS. The pages that have controllers and/or views display the headers and footers no problem.

I know this must be something simple since the only difference is the move to a new server. Could this be a permissions issue or something on a folder (or something else that may not have rsynced over)?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited 6:20AM
    A couple things to check:

1. Did you clear the contents of the cache folder? You can log into the admin and click on Page Cache to clear the cache.
    2. Is it perhaps an environment setting in that there is a PHP error displaying on the new server because it has it turned on by default?
    3. Did you copy over the database contents to the new server?
    Thanks for your reply.

1. Yes, we cleared the cache, and even deleted any cache files from both assets/cache and application/cache. We even increased the write permissions on these directories, including tmp. Is there any other directory that requires increased write permissions?

2. Good point. I'll have to check to see if the php.ini was brought over or if a default one is in place. We are not seeing any PHP errors/warnings/notices.

3. Yes, the entire database was copied over, and our "pages" content is intact. Since this is only affecting pages stored in the database, could this be a collation type issue, i.e. latin vs utf8 ? I will have to verify how that database or just data was copied over.

Thanks again.
    The server was bare bones with the same OS as the source. The PHP and Web server and MySql files were all copied from the source so their settings were all the same anyway.

Other than the cache directories, is there any other directory that requires increased write permissions?
    Not really. I think I would start by trying to create a simple static page (without the controller), that loads. Then I'd add in using $this->load->view('_blocks/header') ...etc. Then, perhaps add fuel_set_var('layout', 'main') to the top of the view to set the layout from within the view to "main".