Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

How to make reusable for Admin Side as well as Client side?

edited December 2010 in Modules
Hi there,

I have freshly installed Fuel CMS, I really love it's admin.
I have studied some chapters from user guide. And I understood admin side functionality properly.

But one thing is not cleared, I have two application one is for client side and second is for admin side.
So now my question is that How can I make common functionality for client/admin?

I have user login page which is same as Fuel admin
save category/sub category from client side and from admin
user registration page from client side and admin side
photo gallery ...
Many more..

Above all are common modules in admin & client, please suggest me some good way so then I can re-use all module and can ignore the repeating code.

Thanks

Comments

• edited 12:06PM
    Hello amkosys. With regards to your questions, you should be able to put any application specific code into your fuel/application directory. It uses CodeIgniter (http://codeigniter.com) as it’s framework so if you are familiar with that, it should help. Also, there is a newer 0.91 branch that uses CodeIgniter 2.0 and more importantly, has a fully working demo site that includes a couple modules (a projects and quotes module) that should be useful:
    https://github.com/daylightstudio/FUEL-CMS/tree/0.91

In the next couple of days we will be starting a series of blog posts that should help with some of the questions you have.

Hope this helps.
    Thank you very much I got it, still one more query,
    There is a default controller is "home", I want to change it and set my "main" controller .
    So for that what change I have to do?
    There actually isn't a controller of home by default (see the application/controller folder), but there is a view file of home which is the default view. You can change the name of the default view file in the fuel/modules/fuel/config/fuel.php file:
    $config['default_home_view'] = 'main'

Essentially all requests that don't have a controller associated with them get routed to the fuel/modules/fuel/controllers/fuel_router (or page_router in 0.91 branch) instead of going to a 404 page. That controller then determines if there is a view file or a page saved in the database to serve up and if not, then serves up a 404.
    Aha thanks for info.
    But instead of view, I want to load default controller from application/controller/main
    then what change need to do ? I means I have to do any settings in fuel_router? or application/config/routes.php? I am not getting that step.
    I just posted a fix to allow you to use a controller for the homepage. So now you will see a separate route for the 404_override (to match the 0.91 branch) and one for the default_controller (as opposed to just the default_controller). You should just be able to change the $config['default_controller']='main' in the routes file now
    Now, it's working perfectly what I needed...

Fantastic Job !!!