Using native FUEL cms auth & user system in own site

edited February 2013 in Modules
Hi! I was thinking about implementing auth system in my site using native FUEL CMS libraries. Is a good idea? I see there's no "user creating" function in both libraries, so I'll have to make my own. My first trials were to load users' model manually and launch form_fields function in custom controller, but I couldn't manage to get it's hooks working (they weren't called). So now I'm thinking about writing my own saving function. Maybe there's a better way?

Comments

• edited 9:33AM
    The users in FUEL are mostly handled through the fuel/modules/fuel/models/fuel_users_model.php (in the 1.0 beta) and fuel/modules/fuel/models/users_model.php in 0.93. This model inherits from Base_module_model which in turn inherits from MY_Model, which has a base save method.

For user validation there is a Fuel_auth class. This can be accessed in 1.0 beta as $this->fuel->auth->....(method). In .93 it's accessed as just $this->fuel_auth->...

However, these users are strictly meant for access to FUEL CMS and not necessarily for other parts of your site. Does that make sense?
  • edited 9:33AM
    It's seems to be the best option for me - I want to make modules (few calendars), each editable only by admin user with correct permission (preferably in FUEL CMS frontend), and one calendar has to be editable also by normal users. Also the whole fuel permissions stuff is quite useful to me, so I think that native system is good for that purpose.