FIXED: Formatters in v1.0 not working as expected

edited November 2012 in Bug Reports
Building a news module using FUEL 1.0 and I'm not seeing the Model Formatter functions behave in the manner I would expect.

My DB table has field
`date_added` date NOT NULL default '0000-00-00',

in application/config/MY_config.php
// date format used with date helpers $config['date_format'] = 'm/d/Y'; $config['date_format_verbose'] = 'F j, Y'; $config['time_format'] = 'g:ia';

In my view:
// get the article requested $article = fuel_model('articles', array('find' => 'one', 'where' => array('slug' => $slug) ) ); echo $article->date_added_formatted;

this outputs: 2012-11-06 when I expect to get 11/06/2012

Also, when trying to debug this I had log messages in fuel/modules/fuel/helpers/MY_date_helper.php in the date_formatter() function. These never appear in the logs, so I suspect the call chain is borked somewhere along the line.

I am having a similar issue with the {string_field}_formatted functions, which are not outputting the string wrapped in

tags as is documented.

Comments

• edited 11:33AM
    Is this with the latest pull from the repo?
    My last pull from the 1.0 branch was on 11/1 --- so that would be SHA: 055a2d993f8faa8.

I'll pull in the latest commit, the branch merge SHA: 4078f2e089a9fe1 and test again.
    That pull should have worked OK too. Would you mind posting your model and SQL or you can email it to me (address is on my forum profile page).
    In order to keep the forum clean I have sent an email with a single file which includes the SQL for my table, the Model, and relevant snippet of the view file, along with generated output. I have marked the view file and output with '<===' markers to identify the function calls and resulting output which are in question.

Thank you for your attention to this.
    I've posted a fix for this in the repo. Thanks
    To close the loop: Thanks, SHA 132c1149e006d1f26 fixed the issue.

Topic Headline modified to indicate this was solved.

Thanks!