Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Calling a View that resides under a different Module

edited November 2012 in Modules
I have view that is inside Fuel->Modules->Flexicart from which I would like display view_cart in my fuel cms main.php. I tried it but it generates all sorts of errors related to included files and complaining form_open() is undefined. I tried the following code from my controller.
$this->data['content']='flexicart/view_cart'; $this->load->view('_layouts/main', $this->data);
My question is this. Is it possible to display a view that resides in a different module in my main.php?

Comments

• edited 2:38AM
    Try one of the following:
    $this->load->module_view('flexicart', '_layouts/main', $this->data); $this->load->view('flexicart/_layouts/main', $this->data);
    Additionally, there is a corresponding module_model, module_library, module_helper and module_config that can be used of the "load" object .
  • edited November 2012
    Thanks for the reply. I tried both but results in failure including header files associated with the flexicart module and other errors. Found that I have to load all the libraries, helpers etc. beforehand from the controller itself before calling the view.