User Login Required to View Content, Let Google In

pscpsc
edited January 2011 in Feature Requests
Moving along in my fuel development, it's going nicely.

I have user accounts that are separate from fuel cms.

What I want to do is make a series of fuel-managed pages available only for logged in users. I know how to use the user agent to allow google and other search engines in. I can use the session information from the log in session to determine whether or not a user is logged in with their account.

My question is, what is the most efficient way to implement this? I'd like to create a function to determine whether or not I have a logged in user or if the user agent is a search engine, and then either display the page as it is saved in the fuel CMS, or display a message that they need to register / log in to see the content.

This should be easy enough, but I don't want to repeat the code on every page that is for users-only. I haven't used the opt-in controllers yet but perhaps that would help?

Thanks for your assistance.

Comments

• edited 12:10AM
    Are these pages under a certain URI segment like 'clients'? If so, you could use a normal controller to do that. Or you could use the opt-in controller method and perhaps put the checking logic in the template itself.