Forms module - fields display in two or more columns

edited July 2016 in News & Announcements
Hi fuelcms team,

I am using the forms module to generate / render a number of fields and save the form data. Is there a way, when rendering, to have a number of fields render into one div (column), and the remaining fields in another div (2nd column).

Thank you for any information.

Andy

Comments

• edited 6:29PM
    You need to create your own block view, but then you have to handle generating the form yourself. We were looking at how to change it as well, because... nested tables... Ugh.
  • edited 6:29PM
    Thank you Knight Yoshi,

We are working on an idea where we create custom fields that contain opening and closing divs, so we can contain the true fields. I will let you know how it goes.

Andy
  • edited July 2016
    If you haven't already read the documentation bit, there is an example of how to implement it with your own custom block (under block view):
    http://docs.getfuelcms.com/modules/forms

For the block view to work you must specify the following parameters for the form in either the fuel/application/config/forms.php for the $config['forms']['forms']['my_form'] or as parameters you pass in as an array to the form function:
    'form_display' => 'block', // can be 'auto', 'block', 'html' 'block_view' => 'my_form', // fuel/application/views/_blocks/my_form.php