Filters not appearing in advanced search

edited June 2014 in Modules
Hi,

I'm trying to use filters in simple modules using a join in list items. But I have not success so far. After reading some documentation and looking for other post I tried to do my filters function like this:

function filters(){ $filters['IDcourse'] = array( 'label' => 'Course', 'type' => 'select', 'options' => $this->courses_model->options_list(), 'first_option' => 'Show All' ); return $filters; }

In my_fuel_modules I set 'advanced_search' => TRUE to the module and at the beginning of the model I have this:
public $required = array('IDcourse');

When I click the button for the advanced search there nothing appears. How can I make this work properly?

I could see that in other versions of fuel we can set the filters in the config file, I also tried that and here the dropdown of courses is displayed correctly but no data is displayed even before I do the search.

FYI, IDcourse is a foreign key for my courses table.

Comments

• edited 7:15PM
    Are you clicking the triangle in the search box to the right?
    Of course, and the white square just show de title of "Advanced Search" and the buttons, search, close and reset search but the input field is not displayed
    If you set advanced_search equal to FALSE, do the filters show up in the list view to the right of the buttons?
    Nope, if I set to false neither the triangle nor the buttons are displayed. What else can I do?
    Just to confirm that your filters method is in your main table class and extends the base_module_model correct? If so, I would debug the fuel/modules/fuel/controllers/module.php on line 190 and debug the value of $this->filters.
    Thank you, now it's working. For a weird reason (I didn't open that file before), one line was commented

if (method_exists($this->model, 'filters')) { //$this->filters = array_merge($this->filters, $this->model->filters($this->filters)); }

I just uncomment that line and now it's working