Module throwing blank error screen

edited July 2013 in Modules
I have many modules in my FUEL Admin. When I edit data in all modules, it is working fine, except in one module. When I click on save, it throws up a blank error screen in which it is written just "Error". But the same module is working perfectly fine in localhost. All files and database tables are the same in the live site as well as localhost. Any idea regarding what should be causing the issue?

Comments

• edited 1:10PM
    Can you view source of the Error page and paste it in here (if it fits)? Or perhaps send a screenshot of the error message?
    It is just a blank screen with just "Error" written on it at the top left corner. Is there any way in which I can view the actual error message on screen?
    If you view source, is there any other content or does it simply just say "Error"? If so, I'm not aware of a place where FUEL will throw an error that says just that.
    It just shows Error and if we view the source it shows Error in html tag. That is all.
    So it looks like this:
    <html>Error</html>
    Yes. That is correct.
    As I have written earlier, the production website is on IIS and has PHP 5.2.17, whereas the localhost is on Xampp and PHP 5.3. Could this be a problem?
    One more information is that when I am creating a new record there is no problem. Only when I am editing, the already added record, it shows the Error.
    It could be an error. I'm sorry but that error doesn't appear to be something that is specific to FUEL and may be something specific to the server environment setup but am not sure. We have FUEL working on IIS and haven't seen that error yet.
    I got some clue regarding the error. In the htaccess file, if I put a ? after index.php (in line "RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php/$1 [L]"), the error doesnt come. But the data doesnt get saved. So what could it be?

I am pasting the content of my htaccess file here.

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /

### Canonicalize codeigniter URLs

# If your default controller is something other than
    # "welcome" you should probably change this
    RewriteRule ^(welcome(/index)?|index(\.php)?)/?$ / [L,R=301]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)/index/?$ $1 [L,R=301]

# Removes trailing slashes (prevents SEO duplicate content issues)
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule ^(.+)/$ $1 [L,R=301]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)\%25(.*)$ /$1%$2 [N]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)\%2b(.*)$ /$1+$2 [L,R=301]

# Enforce www
    # If you have subdomains, you can add them to
    # the list using the "|" (OR) regex operator
    #RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^(www|subdomain) [NC]
    #RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.domain.tld/$1 [L,R=301]

# Enforce NO www
    #RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www [NC]
    #RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://domain.tld/$1 [L,R=301]

###

# Removes access to the system folder by users.
    # Additionally this will allow you to create a System.php controller,
    # previously this would not have been possible.
    # 'system' can be replaced if you have renamed your system folder.
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^system.*
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php/$1 [L]

# Checks to see if the user is attempting to access a valid file,
    # such as an image or css document, if this isn't true it sends the
    # request to index.php
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php/$1 [L]

# Without mod_rewrite, route 404's to the front controller
    ErrorDocument 404 /index.php

Hi Admin, Has this something to do with Server API - cgi/fastcgi? In my localhost Server API is Apache Hamdler 2.0 whereas in the live site it is cgi/fastcgi
    I'm not sure, but whether it's CGI or Apache, FUEL should still work ok. What happens if you remove the current .htaccess you have and replace it with the one that came with FUEL, making the adjustment with the "?" for the live server? In particular, I don't think you need this line of code since FUEL will take care of 404 errors due to the line above it.
    ErrorDocument 404 /index.php