Unable to login

edited February 2011 in Bug Reports
Hi.
I built a site using FUEL and everything is working perfectly on my local WAMP server. I then transferred everything to my remote server and the site is up and running; however, I cannot login to the CMS. If I enter the correct login info it just bounces me back to the login page. If I enter incorrect information I get an error message. Any ideas?

Regards,
Chris.

Comments

• edited 2:53PM
    Sometimes I see that when a session cookie gets too big and needs to be cleared out (have something in place in next version to help that issue). Try clearing all cookies from that domain.

Also, can you browse to the pages on your site OK and is the problem just with logging in (trying to eliminate .htaccess as an issue).
    Thanks for the quick response. Since my last message I have discovered that although I can browse to all of the pages in my site, if I am in a subdirectory, the css path is incorrect. For example if I am viewing the page http://www.mysite/about/design' the css path returned by the css() function will be http://about/about/design'. I was able to rectify this by changing the Assets::asset_path function. The change I made was:

$path = WEB_PATH.$assets_path.$asset_type.$file.$cache;

to

$path = '/'.$assets_path.$asset_type.$file.$cache;

Also, I am not sure if it is connected but when I first uploaded the site to the remote server, I had to change the config setting 'uri_protocol' from "AUTO" to REQUEST_URI" otherwise no matter which page I tried to view, I always got the home page.

Regards,
    Chris.
    I think you are right in that is is related to the uri_protocol and sounds like a similar issue found in the thread below. I think the way WEB_PATH is set needs to probably be modified. WEB_PATH is set in the fuel/modules/fuel/config/fuel_constants.php file. If you have any other information on your end to help debug, I'd appreciate it. I'll play around with changing the different uri_protocols probably later tonight.
    http://www.getfuelcms.com/forums/discussion/113/migrating-install-stumped/#Item_17
    What happens if you comment out line 10 in the fuel/modules/fuel/config/fuel_constants.php file where $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'] value is changed?
    Sorry, I tried that, but it didn't make any difference.

Regards,
    Chris.
    Out of curiosity, what is the value of your $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'] before line 10?
    It is '/fuel/login' .

I have moved the site to another server and everything is now working, so I assume it is something in the server configuration that is causing the problem.

Regards,
    Chris.
    Sounds like it may be. Line 10 in that fuel_constants.php file was put in place a couple months ago, due to a strange way a server we encountered was generating the $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'] variable. I think it's technically suppose to return back the index.php bootstrap file like so /index.php. I wonder if you add a line in your index.php bootstrap file like below if it would fix it:
    $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'] = '/index.php';

Also, if you have any server configuration information that you can share, it would be appreciated (e.g. PHP version, Apache Version, OS, is PHP being run as an Apache module or cgi... etc.)
    I will try changing the index.php and let you know what happens. The cPanel stats are:

Apache version 2.0.63
    PHP version 5.2.9
    MySQL version 5.0.91-community
    Architecture i686
    Operating system linux
    Kernel version 2.6.18-194.11.4.el5

Hope it helps,
    Chris.
    Thanks. I've found several related issues regarding different (or some may say incorrect) $_SERVER variables when PHP is set to run as fast-cgi. Would be curious if that is your case here.
    Yes, fastcgi is being used.

Regards,
    Chris.
  • edited May 2012
    Hi, I am experiencing similar issues, when I try to login it keeps returning me to this URL: fuel/login/5a6e566c6243396b59584e6f596d3968636d513d

BTW: I am hosting on a Godaddy Shared Account.
    Hi, I followed these steps earlier to fix some other godaddy issues. Looks like its trying to access the dashboard but then redirects to the login.
    Try deleting an cookies related to the server your FUEL installation is on.
    I've tried several times but hasn't worked, your preferring to browser cookies?

I have set up Htaccess and removed index.php, also the framework is residing in a folder, e.g. Domain.suffix/folder/framework. I also removed the rebase from the Htaccess. There is another Htaccess at root level pointing the domain to the folder.

Look forward to your reply.