Extended Log Class but not working

edited April 2013 in Modules
Hi, I have extended the Log Class with My_Log in the application/libraries folder and it works locally with Xampp, but on the test site on the net it does not. Is there any config setting that I may have forgotten to adjust? I am hunting down but thought I would ask here as well. Thanks.

Comments

• edited 4:11PM
    Is it perhaps a folder that isn't writable?
  • edited April 2013
    Hi thanks, it is 755. I can see that the my_image_lib will catch, and if I try the my_log it complains as it is extending the same function in the log class, but if I add the proper params it does not catch still. it is for some reason not paying any attention to the My_log on the server. It works great on Xampp. Makes no sense at all. I am trying different things to see what works and what does not. It looks like it is this my_log I added.. but as I said works in xampp. ughh. any other thoughts?

If I create a public function in my_log testit(), I call it and it gives:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined method CI_Log::testit() in blah blah /fuel/application/views/home.php on line 10

Home is just a redirect and I am putting code in it to test. So clearly My_Log.php an extension of Log is not being loaded on the server where it is working on Xampp. Strange I know!

It seems others are..
    Yes, I confirmed adding public function testit() to the my_image_lib works but to my_log does not even though it does in Xampp. I have reuploaded everything and doubt PHP.ini would cause this. Seems a core issue, not ini but just my guess. I am certainly not the expert.
    I had to hardcode it into the Library file. No explanation unless some Unix filename thing.
    Is the class name you created MY_Log or MY_log?
    MY_Log I looked at that as well. Not that I could have missed a mistake but not likely. It would make sense if that was the issue but I spent about 12 hours on this. I put it side by side to existing MY_Image_lib trying to see what it is I could be missing. I am stumped.. so I stuck it in the library file. Again it worked on Xampp, so filename could be issue, but seems not to be.