Blog in V1.0?

I downloaded the sneak peak of V1.0 and started working on a site with it to learn it. I wanted to try out the blog and found that except for blog.css the rest of the blog seems to be completely missing in 1.0. Is it going away?

Comments

• edited 2:04AM
    Nope. It's just separated out into it's own module along with others (e.g. user_guide, backup etc)
    https://github.com/daylightstudio

To install, download the zip file:
    https://github.com/daylightstudio/FUEL-CMS-Blog-Module

Then place it in the fuel/modules folder after renaming the folder to "blog".
  • edited December 2012
    Thanks... That got me further.

After following all the install steps when I go to www.mysite.com/index.php/blog

I get a FUEL page that says "There are no posts available"

So I went into the CMS and edited the settings for "blog". I then went to the "posts" and tried to create a first post. I get this message:

unable to locate the file "blocks_model.php"

I then tried creating a category thinking maybe it needs one to start with. Same error in "posts".

I then tried to create an author and I get this:

A Database Error Occurred

Error Number: 1064

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') ORDER BY `name` asc' at line 3

SELECT fuel_users.id, CONCAT(first_name, " ", last_name) as name FROM (`fuel_users`) WHERE `id` NOT IN () ORDER BY `name` asc

Filename: /Users/mRh/Dropbox/Dev/MAMP/htdocs/episoar/fuel/modules/fuel/core/MY_Model.php

Line Number: 1058

I tried to create another fuel user, I had only the "admin" so far. That still caused the same error.

I'm unable to get the blog module to function.
    We added prefixes to model names which caused the blocks_model error. The FUEL authors error had to do with another fix. I've pushed fixes up for both those errors. Thanks for the report.
    I get a similar (though not the same) error, trying to use this module:

Error Number: 1064

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' " ", .last_name) AS author, fuel_blog_posts.post_date, fuel_blog_posts.publishe' at line 1

SELECT fuel_blog_posts.id, title, CONCAT(.first_name, " ", .last_name) AS author, fuel_blog_posts.post_date, fuel_blog_posts.published FROM (`fuel_blog_posts`) LEFT JOIN ` ON `.`id` = `fuel_blog_posts`.`author_id`

Filename: /fuelcms/fuel/modules/fuel/models/base_module_model.php

Line Number: 197

Thanks in advance.
    Add in the missing table prefixes in the concat part.
    Updating FUEL I believe will also take care of that issue.