Blog, Backup & UserGuide module permissions issues - solved hopefully.

edited December 2012 in Bug Reports
Hello again,

I just thought I would mention the following issues I came across whilst installing the Blog, Backup and UserGuide Modules to Fuel 1.0 from their seperate repos.

Blog: I needed to change the 'permission' => 'blog_user' to 'permission' => 'blog/user' (and for links,posts etc) in blog_fuel_modules.php, in order for a User to have access to the blog in fuel admin.

Backup: The installed permission was for 'backup' but it needed to be changed to 'tools/backup' to allow access to Users.

User Guide: No permission is installed, so I needed to add 'tools/user_guide' to Permissions to allow User access to it.

Along the same vein, I noticed that for my own simple modules, when I created edit,create,delete,publish permissions, I also needed to make a generic permission for the module for Users to have access. EG for a simple module called 'events', I needed to make an 'events' permission as well as 'events/create' and so on. This latter point is just an observation rather than a bug!

Many thanks

Guy

Comments

• edited 7:04PM
    I guess also, the documentation on 'Users' and creating permissions is misleading? (suggesting using 'events_create' rather than 'events/create')
    Finally!

It seems the notification for the last Back Up (backup/views/_admin/dashboard.php) doesn't work...
    Guy
    Thanks for the reports. I'll look into the permission issues.

I've posted a fix for the backup module notification. You'll need to add it to the 'dashboards' parameter in the MY_fuel.php config file for it to show up.
    With regards to the User permissions documentation being misleading, were you referring to the user management page under the General documentation?
    Thanks for the update, and so quickly. I am quite new to Fuel and Codeigniter and so some of my comments may well reflect that, rather than bugs! However I thought I would contribute in a small (and hopefully not too negative way!).

My reference to the documentation was to User Management in the General Topics, under the assigning permissions to Simple Modules, where it describes the Pages module as a good example: 'permission' => array('edit' => 'pages', 'publish' => 'pages_publish', 'delete' => 'pages_delete'),
    but actually the permissions (in config/fuel_modules.php) are:
    'permission' => array('pages', 'create', 'edit', 'pages/upload' => 'pages/create', 'publish', 'delete'),

For my simple modules I have not specified the 'permission' array in My_fuel_modules, instead I found making a Permission with 'events/create' etc worked.
    Of course this could be me not doing it correctly...

PS Overall I really like fuel!

Guy
    Thanks for the heads-up wrt to the dashboards parameter too...
    Welcome to the community. Thanks for the clarification. You are right and that the permission docs are out of date. I've pushed a fix for that.