Click a link to some page and i am not logged in, after i login redirect to the page

edited October 2012 in News & Announcements
Is this possible, if yes how can i enable the feature. If need to code, any suggestions ? please let me know.

Ex: I click on any link on dashboard - it will direct me to login/ page if not already logged in.
so once I login, the login controller method should redirect to appropriate page which I originally clicked on dashboard.

Thanks
Sid

Comments

• edited 2:15PM
    When you say dashboard, you referring to the FUEL CMS dashboard and logged in, you are referring to being logged into FUEL CMS correct? If so, that is already part of FUEL CMS. For example, if your session times out while you are inside the CMS admin, you will automatically be redirected to the login page. Upon logging back in, you will be redirected back to that page.
    How is it supported? I dont see it supported on the version am using. I am using 0.93, but ha s gone through several changes in core.
    I am willing to fix it, but need guidance as to how it is supported in fuelcms.

Thanks
    To clarify, this functionality is available for fuel admin pages, not your own code/pages. Are you saying the pass forward behaviour doesn't work for you for a page such as /pages when your logged out?

The pass forward when logging in sets a redirect in fuel's login controller, index method around line 91 - 94.

The check to stop you going there and sending you back to the login page in the first place is in the fuel module/libraries/FUEL_base_controller.php _check_login() method.