FUELCMS deployment

edited February 2012 in Modules
What is the ideal way to consolidate and compress/minimize the fuelcms -- JQuery libs we are using in the project...

Best practices to deploy Fuelcms in a secure- non hackable way (no XSS, sql injection/Spam...)

Thanks
sid

Comments

• edited 12:21PM
    With regards to minimizing say the CSS and JQuery files for the backend of FUEL CMS, their is a fuel configuration parameter you can set in fuel/applications/config/MY_fuel.php of "$config['fuel_assets_output']" that can have the options of "TRUE, FALSE, inline, gzip, whitespace, or combine". For it to work, you will need to have a writable "cache" folder in all the modules (e.g. fuel/modules/{module}/assets/cache/). A little more can be found here:
    http://www.getfuelcms.com/user_guide/libraries/asset

With regards to deployment and security, there are several options provided:
    http://www.getfuelcms.com/user_guide/general/security

With regards to XSS and SQL Injection/SPAM, FUEL CMS uses the xss_clean and active record database classes of CodeIgniter (which have preventative SQL injection measures built into it) to help prevent such things. However, any custom development in the CMS should do the same to prevent it as well.
    I tried to set fuel_assets_output to true. The site broke with some weird js errors for one case.
    So - reverted back to fuel_assets_output = false. Site is still broken. But site looks for assets in cache folder. I even deleted the cache folder from server. How do i revert back?
    any tricks?
  • edited July 2012
    What is the configuration setting for "assets_output" in the fuel/application/config/asset.php file? That configuration can be set for the front end view of the site whereas the "fuel_assets_output" configuration is meant for the backend CMS.

Also, you may want to try clearing your cache in the CMS.
    I have completely disabled frontend. I am using the backend controlpanel.

$config['assets_output'] = FALSE;
    fuel_assets_output is also false.
    clearing cache in CMS - how do i do it?
    Fuel nav on the left:

Manage -> Page cache