Inline Editor

edited February 2012 in Bug Reports
I am having an issue with the inline editor on a site I created. I just ran an update and have the newest code and am still having the issue. The issue is in Firefox and its with an account that is not an admin account. The permissions seem to be right because this account can add content to a editor field in the admin screen but when the account is used on the site and they try to us the inline editor it doesn't save the content. Any thoughts? Any further information I can give you?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Comments

• Just checking to see if there is any thoughts on this issue?

Thanks,
    Mike
  • edited 6:19PM
    Are you using the inline editor to edit a module's information or a page layout variable?
  • edited February 2012
    Just to edit a page layout variable.
    Can you first verify that the following permissions are checked for the user? That will help narrow down the issue:
    Manage pages
    Ability to Publish Pages
    Ability to Delete Pages
  • Yes those permissions are checked.
    Is this issue just with Firefox or in other browsers and is it any type of field or just a certain type (e.g. text, enum, textarea)?
  • Ok so here is a little more info, pages like somesite.com/culinary inline editing works. However when I have an address like somesite.com/culinary/recipes it looks like textareas with ckeditor don't work in firefox and safari. Plain text works fine though. I didn't try other browsers for now but can if need be. Does this help to narrow it down?
    Are there any javascript errors in the console?
  • I'm not seeing any ... here are the pages ... how else can I help troubleshoot?
    I'm not seeing anything regarding the "pages".
  • If I gave you access to this site would that help? If so email me so I can email you details.