Custom dropdown in form_fields()

I have a function in another model that will return an array in a format like

[1] => Option one
[2] => Option two
[3] => Option three

In my function form_fields($values = array()) what syntax do I need to add to create the dropdown?

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Try this.

function form_fields($values = array()) { $fields = parent::form_fields($values); $fields['myField'] = array('type' => 'select', 'options' = array('option1' => 'Option 1', 'option2' => 'Option 2'); return $fields; }
  • edited 10:16PM
    Thanks toymachiner62 that has worked.

Is there a way to set the max upload width and height in the form_fields function?

At the moment I have

$fields['file_name'] = array('type' => 'file', 'upload_path' => $upload_path, 'overwrite' => TRUE);

Also is your username anything to do with the skateboard company?

Thanks for your help
    Actually I made this name up based on the skateboard company when I was like 14 years old and have used it for lots of screennames ever since.

You cannot specify the max upload width and height in the form_fields function. You'll want to use one of the hooks in your model to do the form input validation and in there you can set the max width and height. http://www.getfuelcms.com/user_guide/libraries/my_model/#hooks

I highly recommend downloading the demo version off github because they have a module created in there called "projects" and they have a great example of how they use one of these hooks, and validate the file upload.
    Or you can set the max upload width and height globally in fuel/application/config/MY_fuel.php

Just search for

assets_upload_max_width
    assets_upload_max_height

Cheers.
    I was not aware of that. Thanks.