Simple module question - Trying to decipher tags and the use of categories when creating tags

Still converting from 0.97 to 1.4 -- have the scenario below set up duplicatively but individually in 0.97 but considering moving to the built-in Fuel tags. In 0.97, I have model for projects, model for project tags, model for projects to tags links (and similarly for the awards)

My tags are the names of 5 committees

I have a table of projects -- each project needs to be tagged with one or more of the committees -- think table with model & views -- each committee has a page, and all projects associated with that committee will be listed on the committee's page, some projects will be on the page for more than one committee

I have a table of awards -- each award needs to be tagged with one or more of the committees -- think table with model & views-- each committee has a page, and all awards associated with that committee will be listed on the committee's page, some projects will be on the page for more than one committee

So, I'm assuming the committee names are the tags

I'm looking at the built in tags creation form -- it wants a category

Given that the committees are always the same, whether for projects or awards, do I need one generic category for the form? Or do I need a category for projects and a category for awards -- each with the same set of committee tags?

If the tags only need to be entered once, I think this would reduce the potential for user error. But if I have to duplicate the tags once for the projects and again for the awards, I'm seeing little reward for the effort of conversion.

Can you tell me if I can use a single set of tags for both projects and awards?

Thanks

Comments

• It sounds like you should be able to do that. I'd try adding the following to your projects and awards models:

public $has_many = array(
            'tags' => array(
                'model' => array(FUEL_FOLDER => 'fuel_tags_model'),
                ), // added in constructor so that the the table name isn't hard coded in query
            );

• Thank you -- I'll give it a try