Can't upload .swf file

edited May 2013 in Bug Reports
Hi,

I tried to upload .swf file using a field with this attributes
array('type' => 'file', 'accept' => 'swf');
but it always failed
The filetype you are attempting to upload is not allowed.
Did I missing something?

Thanks.

Comments

• edited 6:10PM
    Are you trying to upload it to the assets/swf folder?
    I didn't explicitly set the upload folder path. I will try and report my finding.
    Hi,

I still failed to upload .swf, here is my field

$fields['ad_swf'] = array('type' => 'file', 'accept' => 'swf', 'upload_path' => APPPATH . 'assets/swf');

Any suggestion?
  • edited May 2013
    Try adding "swf" to the "editable_asset_filetypes" config parameter in your MY_fuel.php config file:
    // specifies what filetype extensions can be included in the folders $config['editable_asset_filetypes'] = array( 'swf' => 'swf', 'images' => 'jpg|jpeg|jpe|gif|png|zip', 'pdf' => 'pdf|zip', 'media' => 'mov|mp3|aiff|mpeg|zip', 'assets' => 'jpg|jpeg|jpe|png|gif|mov|mpeg|mp3|wav|aiff|pdf|css|zip' );
    OK I will try. Thanks
    It works. But I need it to add the code to config/fuel.php instead of config/MY_fuel.php. Is it because I upload the .swf file from a module form?
    Hmm... at the bottom of fuel.php it includes the MY_fuel.php file which will overwrite any config values with the same name.
    Sorry to bother you men, but this thread seems to be a related to audio file playback issues right. I have a question and I do not know whether or not i should post here for some answers. Recently i have a audio file with .au extension. It just cannot be played on any of my devices or VLC and Windows Media Player which are with a full codec pack. Later, I got this software (http://www.videoconverterfactory.com...au-to-mp3.html) on a freeware download site to help me convert AU to MP3 file. However, as you can see from the article, it let me to preset some complex audio parameters when converting. I don't know what bit rate and sample rate value I should preset to have the best output quality? If it is true that the higher their values are the better the output is going to be? Don’t be mad at me because I am a noob