How to start after finished Installation?

Hi all,
after i thought that the fuelcms based on codeigniter is just another CMS like all the others e.g. Typo3 or Joomla, i installed it and now i´m stucked after logging into my admin account.
Now i´ve read here a lot about the fuelcms and that it is just "a little" different from all the others. ;)

I´ve already worked with Codeigniter and wrote some simplier own modules to get a formular working with a database.
I decided to use the fuelcms because i love the Codeigniter Framework for its flexibility and wanted to test the CMS funtions to get a little better handling to work with a WebUI and not with files.

1. Question:
I´m now logged into my admin account, how can i start creating my website?
I´ve added a new pages and set it as following:
##############################
Layout: main

Header
Page title: Home

Body
Heading: Willkommen
Body:
Herzlich Willkommen
Wir bauen gerade um.
Bis später.
##############################
I published the site but when i click on view i got the default site "Welcome to Fuel CMS......".
https://freakylabs.de/cms/home

I don´t find helpful documentation on how to start my website.

2. Question:
Are there some Skins to use like in other CMS?

Thanks for help!

Best regards,
Darkentik

Comments

• Assuming you've followed the installation instructions about enabling the CMS in ./config/my_fuel.php, then the other usual gotcha is to remove the ./views/home.php file - the the installation's hard-coded home page.
  • There are no "skins" as such. I usually use Bootstrap by loading the CSS in the header block and coding my HTML to suit.
    Of course, there are Bootstrap themes available which is useful - but I usually end up recoding my pages to suit the theme too.