Unable to locate the model you have specified: {model_name}

edited June 2017 in Bug Reports
Hi admin,

I have this fuel repo which I just deployed on a URL, everything works well on the local system. But as soon as I have pushed the repo on the remote url. I got 'Unable to locate the model you have specified: {model_name}' .
The file exists in fuel/application/models.

What could be the probable reason for it. Or the places that I should be looking out in order to debug this.

Here is the htaccess code:

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /cms/

Order Deny,Allow
Deny From All

# Allow asset folders through
RewriteRule ^(fuel/modules/(.+)?/assets/(.+)) - [L]

# Protect application and system files from being viewed
RewriteRule ^(fuel/install/.+|fuel/crons/.+|fuel/data_backup/.+|fuel/codeigniter/.+|fuel/modules/.+|fuel/application/.+) - [F,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

RewriteRule .* index.php?/$0 [L]

# Prevents access to dot files (.git, .htaccess) - security.
RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} -d
RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} -f
RewriteRule "(^|/)\." - [F]

Options -Indexes
The cms is pointed on

site.com/cms/
Usually you are very fast with responses. But just to signify the urgency, I have a demo lined up. :) Thanks.

Comments

• edited 1:52PM
    Is mod_rewrite installed on the remote host?
  • edited 1:52PM
    yeah.
    However, I got the issue and was about to comment here for anyone else.
    I have been working on a windows machine which handles the filenames very well, small or captial it understands it well.

But when shifted to linux - Filename becomes very important as Healthcare and healthcare are two different files.

Upon search I cam accross this URL - https://github.com/daylightstudio/FUEL-CMS-Blog-Module/issues/19 which gave emphasis on filenames and hence I tried changing all my model filenames to start with Caps. Also the require_once command had

require_once(FUEL_PATH.'models/base_module_model.php');
    Changed it to

require_once(FUEL_PATH.'models/Base_module_model.php');
    This worked!
    Still will like admin to checkout http://docs.getfuelcms.com/modules/tutorial#highlighter_8425 the documentation which says to create model without caps.